Monday, August 17, 2009

The Store in the basement










Goodmorning Everybody,
I have a few more pictures to share from Saturday at Aunt Ann's. The kids had a convience store set up in the basement with several items for sale for "real" money. You could buy a peach for 40 cents a granola bar for 75 cents, a stuffed dolly for 5.00 dollars or less and on Sunday the store was selling english muffins taosted with your choice of toppings. Grandpa bought one of those and a diet coke. They even had live commercials for the store upstairs to entice us to shop with them. They dressed up in funny outfits and did a dance and sung all together a little jingle. It was a wonderful addition to the night. I hope your guys enjoy them and are having a great week.
Lots of love and hugs.




3 comments:

  1. I missed out on the early bird sales. Is Gavin the accountant for the store? Is that why the prices are so high? He did need to cover the costs of the great meals that we all shared that night... The commercials were really interesting, especially the 'batman' in the background. You really need to go and just sit and enjoy all the happenings in Burlington. Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that store was something else!!!! the commercials were quit inventive and funny. I am sure all orcastrated by our entreprenur Karly. The kids are still talking about the fun that we had!!! wish we were still there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I totally agree it was the commercials with the "funny batman" in the background that made the store a hit for me. And a peach at 40 cents a piece I mean come on og course I'm going to shop there!

    ReplyDelete