Friday, January 22, 2010

Kindle is my new middle name.







Good morning everyone and thanks again for all the lovely comments about our PACS! You guys are the best!
Happy Friday! What are you going to be doing this weekend? Vince is playing in his first rugby game on Saturday so that should be fun. I can't wait to watch him run around the field in those short little rugby shorts. That's whats it's all about for me! HA!
Anyways I have been meaning to tell you about my Amazon Kindle that I got for Christmas. I'll be honest when I opened it for the first time I didn't really know what it was. It looked like a big calculator for Grandmas who didn't want to admit they needed their glasses just yet. But once I figured it out, wozers there was no stopping me. I have so many books uploaded and just waiting there patienlty for me to read them. (it's so exciting) Currently I am reading the memoir of American Poet Mary Karr. It's so dark and hilarious at the same time. I just can't seem to put it down. The Kindle is my friend because he sits flat. I love that I never tire out my thumbs by holding all the pages down. He also has beautiful perfect size text for me to read and plays little slide shows of authors and pretty pictures whenever I take a reading break. I just love the technology of how it looks. The text is like real text you know what I mean? Man I'm bad a techy words. Well anyways the screen doesn't make your eyes tired or bloodshot. It is designed to look like ink on a page. It's a flat look...hmmmm is that a bettter explanation? Maybe I didn't write about my new Kindle love affair cause I wasn't really sure how to explain it!
Well there you have it, why I love my Kindle. And if any of you are thinking of traveling a lot in the near future and can't lug all those heavy books with you in your suitcases then I suggest you get a Kindle too and then we can gush together.
Happy Reading in whatever way you do it.
Love and Hugs


2 comments:

  1. If Kindle is your middle name that I am going to have to go with Gimpy for mine...lol Great update on your new techy gadget, and I know Blake would be impressed, not with your lingo but with the 'gadget', but I am more interested in the rugby game and your hot frenchman in those shorts...take lots of pics but be careful...no getting hurt playing sports!! Go VINCE GO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you are enjoying your Kindle. Can you download newpapers and magazines too? Love Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete