Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What about you? What are you thankful for?

I feel so grateful and humble and thankful these days. Sometimes I am overcome with love for the people, places and things it my life it makes me stop in my tracks. Like just now. I was making my bed (I know it's 3pm, anyways) And I glanced at a book on my bedside table that helped me so much. It was given to me by a dear friend. And I just felt so thankful and happy! I wanted to let you all know how thankful I am for you.
I sat down right away and made a quick list that I will continue to add onto for the rest of my life.
Here's the first page:

Thank you list

Amberlie for saving my life with ‘The Power of a Praying Woman’

Shelly for coming to visit right after I lost the baby and helping me get outside again and never questioning me if we had to go back inside.

My mom for not panicking when I called from a pay phone in Athens and told her I need 100 bucks to buy a ticket to Cairo and live out one of my lifelong dreams.

My Dad for driving to and from the airport to pick me up and drop me off for 10 years at various times of the morning and night. (my 4 :30 am shifts my 12 :30am shift…etc)

My Brother for still loving me even after all that sand castle bullying I put him through.

Silke for introducing me to The Art of Living.

Vince still loving me despite my drunken fits of rage and weirdness

Sue for coming with her car after I found out Larry cheated on me and offering to put everything in it and run to Dartmouth

Mom for saving me with ‘The Heart of The Soul’

Tanya Corbin for driving me home from work no questions asked after I broke down when my Grandma was dying

Skype for letting me see my funny parents faces every morning! And my brother on the weekends!

April for taking me in after not really knowing me and feeding me grilled trout after I was dumped.

Brooke for taking me in and helping me see optomism in everything. I never forget that Brookie!

My Grandmas for writting me every month for years even if I never wrote them a single letter.

My Aunt Ann for not being the slightest bit pissed all my belongings are in her basement for the last 3 years and beyond.

God for loving me wholly and without question and always being there to lean on when I am weak.

My Aunt Jane for her support and optomism about our joint weight loss project. I could never do this without her emails telling me I can. Never!

Pranic Healing for showing me that I actually like to do something

My baby for being miscarried so that I could accomplish all this and be a better Mommy when she or he decides to come back into our lives

Malta for providing me with a place to heal


Sorry I know it's long but honestly this is like a needle in a haystack. Thankful thoughts come to my mind and heart several times a day...new ones old ones and I want to let you know!!
What about you? Do you feel thankful? And for what?
Okay gotta get back and finish making that bed!

Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment