Monday, February 21, 2011

What's yours?


Camille from Svelte Gourmand asks what's your "oh screw it food". Well I have been thinking about it and I was wondering if you can add beverages in that list because I would have to say a nice glass of red wine is my "oh screw it" food. I mean honestly life without red wine.....it's just inhumane!

What about you? What's on your list?

Love and Hugs

P.S. Today is weigh in day and I haven't changed.....I am officially on the longest plateau ever and maybe should consider getting rid of my "oh screw it" food??????? Nah!!! Lifes too short! ;)

Please read her article below or visit her website here.

What’s your “oh, screw it” food?

by Camille on February 16, 2011

rice

I’ve had dietitians inform me dozens (maybe even hundreds) of times that white rice is nothing more than empty calories–that is to say, devoid of any real nutritional value–and should be eaten sparingly, if at all.

You know what? I eat it anyway, at least twice a week, and I don’t stress out about it. It’s delicious (particularly the way my husband makes it, Puerto Rican style: medium-grain, fairly sticky, cooked with some olive or canola oil and a decent amount of salt), and it makes meals so much easier.

This isn’t to say that I eat a ton of rice at a time; I consider it a side dish, and pair it with healthy foods, like black beans and lean beef or vegetable stir-fry and edamame. But in my opinion, life’s too short to not have at least one less-than-perfect food that you consume without guilt–diet rules be damned. What’s yours?

-Camille


No comments:

Post a Comment