Friday, September 23, 2011

Freeforall Friday- Love is in the air

Love is in the air over here in our little corner of the universe. Yesterday was the five year anniversary of the first day we met and it sure did feel good. One of my most romantic memories is sitting with Vince at a winery in Napa a few months after we had met. We were sharing a bottle of Vincent Arroyo Nameless and he said, "let's buy a few bottles to open after we've been together 5 years."

'What a guy', is all I thought and then, 'I'm gonna marry him.'


A few of our love shots:

1. Happy hour, Paris 2009
2. Our new family, Paris 2011
3. Vin chaud two nights before Vince proposed, Paris 2009
4. Our wedding night, Malta 2011



Yesterday I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a handwritten note. He knows that one of my favourite things is to read his handwritting especially when they are words of love and commitment.


So eventhough we bought those bottles of wine that day to open 5 years later we unfortunately didn't forsee the crazy amount of travelling we'd be doing and they are still at home in Canada in My Aunt Ann's basement. To compensate we've decided to book a table at Les Pleiades restaurant a short 10min drive away in Barbizon. It's our first Michelin starred restaurant and we are so excited to see what wine they have to offer.

But nothing will beat that first bottle of Nameless in Napa with my love.

Happy Anniversary my sweetie! I can't wait to see the next 60+ years with you!


Love and Hugs and hoping you have a romantic weekend wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment