Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wear- A Very Swell Mad Men outfit

Last Wednesday was the long awaited Very Swell event at the Alcazar mezzanine bar in the 6e. I'd been wanting to attend since reading about the first one on HIP Paris. Alisa and Louise organise the soirée concentrating on a private cocktail/food/art type vibe with a Mad Men lean. How fun does that sound, right?!


In order to go you have to dress the part. Since the pocketbook isn't overflowing this month I decided to make due with what I had and buy a few cheap pieces to complete the look. Noelani also gave me great advice by suggesting I play with makeup such as matte lipstick and winged eyeliner, so I went for it!


I bought these 2.99 euro earings at Camieu and wore a vintage broach belonging to my great grandmother that I love.


The blouse is a year old from a shop in Malta and the skirt was 12.99 at Camieu as well. I couldn't swing for a pair of 50's style pumps so I went with my good old go to black Nine West pair, topping it off with a fake cheetah clutch from Aldo.


We showed up just in time to order a fancy Vodka Gimlet and talk to the other guests. Paul the Pastry boy was there along with Alisa (one of the event creators) who also runs Sweetpea bakery. We had a swinging time and can't wait for the next one!


Do you guys go to dress up parties? Or attend private dining clubs? Do they have them where you live? I was thinking of making a supper club in my own home when we settle into Toronto. Would anyone come?


Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment