Wednesday, June 18, 2014

24/52


"A portrait of my child once a week, every week of 2014"

It's hard to put into words how happy this picture makes me. That look on Gemma's face, that gaze, her fingers, everything! Sometimes when I am holding her on my knee, reading a book or watching a movie I think how can she possibly love me as much as I love her. Does she know? Does she love me back? Am I doing ok at this? Sometimes I spend too much time on my phone in her presence. Sometimes I feed her mac and cheese out of the box. Sometimes I look the other way and don't correct her behaviour when I know she needs me to.
I don't know how to explain it. It's like this incredible person turned up on my doorstep and I try to take care of her every day and basically feel desperately desperately in love with her. But I almost don't believe she's mine. We are so different and she is her own person. 

And she likes to pick clover flowers in the back yard. 

Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment