Thursday, March 19, 2015

0-3 months with Elliot René



One Month old




Two months old




Three Months old


It's been so hard to find time to do these posts month by month with the two babes at home. Heck sometimes I don't even change out of pi's for a few days straight. But Elliot is such a magical lovely little prince and I want you to get to know him too. So here's a little update.

 Elliot was 9lbs 15oz at birth and it really shows in his difference with Gemma at that age. She was 7lbs 2oz and ate like a steam horse basically non stop till she was 6 months old. Elliot eats, then relaxes and then likes to be rocked to sleep. However he does have his sister's bad habit of napping for only 35 mins at a time. He makes up for that at night by sleeping cradled up to my side and only waking every 2-3 hours to nurse and then floats back to sleep.  (where as Gemma was up every 45mins for an hour at a time)
Everyone who meets him says he's such a happy little soul. He smiles so easily and has started laughing in his own manly way. You tickle under his chin and in a husky voice he says "AHHHHHHAAAA!" It's so so cute! 
He adores his sister and smiles at her whenever she comes in the room. While we are eating lunch he likes to sit on my lap and stare and beam love to her. Gem loves him just as much for instance if he cries she will run to the couch, pull up a pillow, holds out her arms and says "He needs his Gemma!" I let her hold him and she tells me to go and sings him Tinkle Tar and ABC's while gently stroking his head. Cutest thing you ever did see.
We have recently started the slow switch to bottle feeding. Elliot has started biting down on my nipple while teething and I've decided it's time to try a bottle. He's not really excited about that but we're not giving up. Momma could use a break here and there too. 
Taking care of two kids at home under 3yrs is no joke. It's an extreme lesson in falling into a complete loss of control. My to do list is out the window, the house is a disaster and tantrums are abundant. Basically I drink a lot of wine. And go to bed early. But honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. 
I am so happy you are here Elliot. I am madly deeply in love with you my son. 

Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment